I just re-read that post from August 2005 - and woah! I tell the story about my dad so many times and its amazing that 5 years later, I still remember almost all of it. I completely forgot about being in school and them waiting to call me though. Hmph.
Anyhoo....HI!
Let me quickly REintroduce myself since a lot has changed in 3 years!
My name is still Kimberley and I am now 25 years old and living in a small country town just north of Memphis, TN. Yes, this city girl is in the country now. Unlike most of my friends and family, I am still happily married. July 1st we celebrated 6 years! Crazy huh? We've been here in Munford since December 2005 thanks to the Navy. We wanted to live anywhere that we could afford to buy a house and at the time, somewhere out of CA. An added perk is that we are closer to Josh's family now, although it seems like we see them less now than we did when we lived across country. So, had us a cute little house built and made the drive across country on the day after Thanksgiving 2005 with Anthony (brother) and Gina (his fiance), but they went back to Cali after only one month. I so don't blame them! :-X
New Years Eve, we got a puppy, an English Springer Spaniel named Jasper. We later aquired a very well behaved overweight Jack Russell Terrier, Jax. Jasper is our goofball and Jax is the little fatso. They are in addition my two kitty-brother that we still have, Rocky and Runt-baby.
We've also gone through a few beta fish and various pet bugs that Leila has collected.
- Dec 05 Moved here
- Jan 06 Got Jasper
- Jan 06 Anthony & Gina left
- Feb 06 saw our first snow
- Apr 06 Leila and I drove each other insane with our major cases of cabin fever (being cooped up in the house all the dang time because this SoCal butt wasn't about to go outside in 40 degrees, all the sporadic rain kept the parks sopping wet all the freaking time, and playgroups were practically nonexistent) so she started attending preschool at the Child Development Center on the Navy base
- Apr 06 I took a job at the Fun Factory (a build-a-bear type place inside Wally World) to keep busy, eventually quit there
- Jul 06 Josh and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary
- Jul 06 I started working at The Millington Star newspaper as bookkeeper
- Sep 06 Leila turned 3 years old
- Nov 06 Promoted to AR Manager of the newspapers' group Suburban Community Newspapers at the Collierville office (1.5 hour drive each day)
- Mar 07 I quit
- Apr 07 I went back to work at the local office as office manager, The Millington Star
- Apr 07 We got Jax. An older woman called the paper to place an ad - We ended up with the dog. :)
- May 07 After multiple surgeries and doctor's opinions, Josh was told he would be out of the military within 2 months - medically retired/discharged. We began planning to move to AZ - put our house up for sale, applying for jobs in AZ, etc.
- Jun 07 Josh and I both completed our Associates Degrees! YAY!
- Jun 07 Navy decided they needed/wanted more so we took a few more trips to different doctors including two trips to Pensacola, FL (Aug and Oct)
- Jul 07 Josh and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary
- Sep 07 Leila turned 4
- Sept 07 Leila started PreK at Munford Elementary School.
- Oct 07 I left The Millington Star to take a position as Office Manager at the competitor to the north, The (Covington) Leader. Best move I ever made!
- Dec 07 I turned 25! ahhhh! Josh turned 26.
- Mar 08 Josh, honorably discharged from the Navy (medically retired), gets his same job back on base as a civilian employee. Can't walk away from that paycheck and stability so we decide to stay put in TN for the time being!
- Jul 08 5 years since my dad passed away
And that pretty much brings us to present. Obviously, a lot more happened in there but that is the highlights. :)
Ok, I'm gonna cut it off there for now otherwise I'll write a freakin novel with everything I want to vent about! Need more for next time...and hopefully it wont be in another 3 years.
Hasta Pasta!
ME
No comments:
Post a Comment