Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Well hello again! It hasn't been three years - not even one year - and here I am again! :)
It's due time for yet another update seeing as a lot has changed since last July.
Leila is going to be a big sister! Yup, we have a baby boy due June 28th, 2009! After months of calling the belly bean an "it", it is now a "he" and we've finally, after weeks of my harassing Josh to pick out a name, agreed on Liam David.
Here are the ultrasound pictures from the 2/9/09 appointment:

^That would be his leg and foot. Can you tell his daddy is 6'2"?
^And there is his boy parts.
For those who don't know what they're looking at, this is looking at his bum as if you were looking through a chair someone was sitting on. The little thingy between the legs, under the "o" on "boy" is his boy parts! haha
^A profile of his face and his hand.
^A good one of his arm and fist.
He looks to be growing right on track! I go back on March 10th for another ultrasound because they couldn't get a good view of his face from the front. It's that darned anterior placenta! That just means that the placenta is along the front of my stomach instead of the typical backside placement. It's nothing bad or worrysome - it was in the same place with Leila - it just means that we won't be able to see or feel as much form the outside because there is an extra chunk of padding between the womb and the outside of my stomach. :)
Josh is absolutely loving all of it! This is all new to him since he was deployed for 90% of my pregnancy with Leila, including her birth. Both he and Leila are so cute! They tell the baby goodnight and good morning, hello and goodbye, tell stories and sing songs...it's adorable! Leila is almost more excited than we are and will make a fantastic big sister!
We're taking baby steps in getting Liam's room ready. Fortunately, it's already painted bright blue. I'll just need to spice it up somehow - with stripes, a border, wall decals or something. I've yet to pick out a theme and/or bedding. I say "I" because I don't think Josh really cares. That, or he knows better than to mess with psycho preggo because I WILL win! haha
This pregnancy has definitely been different so far but the circumstances are quite different as well. Josh is home, we have an active 5 yr old Kindergartener, I'm working, we have a zoo of fur-babies, away from family...it's just different.
I've not quite hit the psycho part of pregnancy, if such a thing exists, unless you count my crazy laughing myself to tears spells I get weekly! haha
Welp, I'm off to watch Obama's Address to Congress - more to come soon! I promise! :)








No comments: