
Still have nearly 2.5 months to go and I'm already super uncomfortable! Oi! My mom ordered the crib, we bought the travel system (car seat/carrier and stroller) and border for his bedroom so I could color match some paint. I'm really not feeling all that up to painting these days though! haha His bedroom will be done in the Nautica Kids - William theme. It's sailboats. Joshie was in the Navy. Some of the swatches I found at Lowe's today - Peacoat, Dungaree! Teehee!
Speaking of Lowe's, today was my first full SAHM day. Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment early in the morning then went to the mall on my way home. Today, I took Leila to school then came home. Called Josh to see if he wanted to meet up for lunch - on for 11:00 am! So, what to do between 7:30 and 10:30am....? Ah Ha! I still had to do the whole Easter Bunny thing. So, my plan was to go to Wally World and go crazy, then go to Lowe's to get paint swatches/ideas and just piddle around and of course, since I was down in Millington, I had to get Starbucks. It's a rule. Really. Oh, and starbucks now has a cheesy Mcdonalds recording thing that goes off when you pull up the speaker! I even asked the dude how long they had the cheese McDonalds recording and got a yucky look from him. Sorry, but it's cheesy!
Anyhooooo, I stopped at the bank and pulled some money out when it hit me - Dollar General! It's been a long while since I've been in a Dollar store! So, across the highway to Dollar General I went. I figure, whatever I/Easter Bunny gets her, it will be used and forgotten about in a matter of hours/days, so it doesn't have to be anything fancy at all! Coloring and activity books (one of them is math! haha), cutsie hair clips and pony's, a her size rake and shovel (she's a little gardener), a lap activity tray thingy, hula hoop, stickers, and of course the typical basket. bunny rabbit and some candy....Oh, and an egg dying kit, light bulbs, notepad, pac of pens and a bucket for me. Total damage of $60. Not too shabby! I would have spent at least $100 had I gone to Wally World because, as we all know, it is near impossible to walk out of Walmart without spending at least $100! So, I did all that and was back at the house by 9:30am. Ugh. Now what? So I headed on down to Millington, got my Starbucks and then went to Lowe's. I took my time and piddled around there for what seemed like a while. I got a bunch of paint swatches, bought some more liquid nails and got a door frame kit thing (the one pictured here) for the back door.
(HAHAHAHA! The cats were playing with each other on the dining room chair and Runt Baby just fell out of it. My psycho cats do NOT land on their feet!! Now he is hiding, like he's embarassed! Dork! haha)
I got done at Lowe's just after 10am. One more hour before lunch with Josh - now what? I went to base to get my new decals for the car, since mine expired in January. That took all of 15 minutes! I then went to the Mazzio's parking lot to wait on Josh. We had a good lunch - super duper yummy cheesy bread and ranch! Yuuuummmmmy! Then he went back to work and I headed home. Piddled around online until it was time to pick up Leila (2pm) and of course, watched Days of Our Lives at 1pm. :)
So, there is a play by play of my absolutely. positively boring first full day as a SAHM! :)
Now, it's nearly 11pm and I'm pooped! I 'm sure I'll be woken up by yucky weather in the middle of the night so I'm off to bed, with the laptop beside the bed and cell phone (I get texted with weather alerts) under my pillow! :)
Until next time...
ME
1 comment:
Why yes Kim, I am happy. See isn't this better than just facebook. Gah, I need to get another blog for myself. The school blog is just a little crazy and hectic but you can see what I've been up to in my school work. So, to answer your question Kim, I am very happy now. Thanks for shareing.
-Matthew A.
Post a Comment