Well, hello there 2010! I still cannot believe it has been nearly 10 years since I graduated high school! What a whirlwind 10 years it has been.
2000 - My great grandma (who had moved to Oregon a year or so earlier) passed away. I graduated high school and immediately enrolled in summer courses at the community college. My parents divorced. My mom moved to Dana Point (the beach).
2001 - Had my heart broken. Moved to Dana Point with my mom. Continued to go to school. Worked at Spencer Gifts in Laguna Hills as Assistant Manager. Partied my little heart out for about 6 months - don't remember much of those days (thanks to my friend Randi and our friends Jack, Jose, Captain, etc). Made a lot of great friends who I wish I'd kept in better touch with.
2002 - Met and married Josh!! Moved to San Diego.
2003 -Josh went on deployment to the gulf, just as the War in Iraq was starting. My dad unexpectedly passed away. Leila was born. Josh returned from deployment to meet his daughter for the first time - she was nearly 3 months old.
2004 - Enjoyed life in San Diego with daddy home! Leila and I went to playgroup regularly, hung out with Carley and Riley playing at the parks, walking the malls, having our Mudslide and lunch at Applebee's...Good times!
2005 - Josh was up for shore duty orders. We'd tried to go to Colorado Springs but ended up with orders to Millington, TN. September, we flew out for "house hunting" and decided on a brand new home. The day after Thanksgiving, we left Orange, CA for the drive across country to TN.
2006 - I started working at the local newspaper as bookkeeper - learning everything as I went. Fun! Promoted to work in the home office, in Collierville, driving 1.5 hours to work/home each way! My Nana (dad's mom) passed away.
2007 - I paper-hopped to another local paper. Took multiple trips to various places (Pensacola, FL and Birmingham, AL) for Josh and his medical issue. Josh and I both got our Associates Degrees!
2008 - Josh was honorably discharged from the Navy with a medical disability (which sucked because we'd intended on staying in for the full 20 or more). In the fall , we decided the timing was right for me to leave work to stay home and raise another little one. Leila turned a whopping 5 years old! We spent Thanksgiving 2008 in Bullhead City, AZ with my family...3 years after we'd left the West.
2009 - June, Runt-Baby passed away. July, Liam was born!
I'm sure I'm missing A LOT but my brain hurts (been working on my Ethics papers). 2010, I will finally get my Bachelors! I intend on going on for my MBA also - probably won't finish it in 2010 though! lol In the late spring, I will take the test to obtain my PHR certification. I hope to go back to work in the near future and Liam will go to the Child Development Center on base (where Leila went. We LOVED them!). I intend to work on my cooking skills this year and try to learn more recipes, eat and cook healthier, etc.
Speaking of dinner, I need to go make it.
So, to the whole one or two of you reading this....HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment