Another blog I read recently (Echo) got me thinking about being ordinary. All my life I've been expected to do and be something extraordinary. I was in Honors Wind Ensemble my freshmen year, one of two freshman! I had straight A's for most of high school and took AP classes. I was supposed to go to a world class university and discover the cure for cancer or something!
Now, I'm completely ordinary. As ordinary as it gets. I'm a stay at home mom, happily married with two wonderful children. I'm involved with my daughter's school's PTO. We have one cat and two dogs, a 3 bdrm 2 bath house, two cars. There is absolutely nothing extraordinary about me or my life at all.
One of my biggest flaws is my follow-through, or lack thereof. I get these wonderful ideas with loads of motivation behind them...temporarily anyway. I'm 100% in, devoting tons of time, energy and money in things and quickly become bored of it. This is beginning to resemble a previous post about work and how I like change - go in, get it done, move on. You'd never believe I've been happily married for 7.5 years and am perfectly content! LOL! I am perfectly happy with my life as a whole. It's the side projects and ideas that I run out of energy on.
Next year, the PTO will need new officers since many of our current officers will be moving on and out (their kids are moving to middle school). As tempted as I am to shoot for an office, I know myself and know I wouldn't be able to give it 100% for the entire school year. I am shocked (and quite proud) that I've managed to maintain the PTO website and Facebook page for this long! haha
I've considered leading a Girl Scout Troop next year. I think I could handle a once a week meeting of 10 (or less) kids - even with my major lack of patience! lol But, I would go all in and take all the training, get all organized and within a few months, I'll poop out! So, that's a no go! haha
I want to do SOMETHING to feel worth while. I know being a mom and being able to stay at home is definitely worth while and I am so very grateful and thankful that I can. And yeah, I'm going to school, going to get my Bachelors (finally), my PHR Certification and hopefully my Masters (by the end of 2011)! Degrees have always been a goal. And I like HR Management. Not as much as Accounting but I'm thinking about my future and how to make myself most marketable in an economy gone to poo.
I just feel like I need more purpose, more responsibility, more weight on my shoulders, more stress! LOL Yes, I want more stress. Not drama type stress but the stress of always having something to do, something due, someone needing something from me.
I know, Liam and Leila are my purpose. They're my responsibility. The house, laundry, dinner, grocery shopping, baths, story time, etc...those are my responsibility. Boo! haha! Even with all that, although lacking at times, and my schoolwork, I still have so much free time in the day that could be filled with something...anything!!!
Ok, mini vent over...for now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment