Ok, so anyone following me on twitter or who happens to see the posts I make on others walls may have seen lots of weight loss info popping up!
I am on day 11 of the hcg diet. Go ahead, google it. lol
It is somewhat controversial but can't be any worse than the phentermine I used a few years ago to lose 30lbs. And this is forcing me to alter my eating habits, which is wonderful.
Basically, you take hcg drops (or injections - no thanks) 3 times a day. The hcg helps release fat from storage, your body uses it for energy, burns it off, etc and it counts as calories. While taking the drops, you're on a very limited very low calorie diet (VLCD) for 23-40 days. This is phase 2. Phase 1 is stuffing your face with the worst, highest possible calorie foods for two days! That sucked! After Phase 2 is the maintenance period where you stop the drops and up the calories, SLOWLY, while introducing new foods into your diet.
So, 10 days on the diet and I've lost 11.1 lbs. (I gained .4 yesterday - long story!) and I fell GREAT!
Yesterday, we did a lot of running around. Pictures with Emily had me walking around in the humid heat. It wasn't a lot of walking but it was more than I'm used to and more than you're supposed to do on this diet. (I can't want to see Liam's 1 year pictures!!!!). Then we went home, I cleaned out my car (burning more calories) and headed down to the Toyota dealership to get my car fixed. There was some silly recall on the window bolts. lol We had Chick-Fil-A on the way. I had a small side salad, took everything off of it and used a tiny bit of their light Italian vinegarette. I also had a few of the kids' chicken nugget things - took the greasy bready stuff off though. Not that it mattered - the chicken wasn't pure. It was sweet and greasy. Not good.
So yeah, I expected a small loss or, more likely, a gain. I'm ok with .4 though.
I'll post more updates here and on twitter for anyone who cares. I don't want to make a big deal about it on my own facebook though!
My goal is to lose 25-35 lbs this round. The number of days I go, between 23-40, is still up in the air. We'll just see how I feel, how steady the loss is, etc. The sooner I finish this round, the sooner I can move into Phase 3 (which you do for as many days as you did the drops) and THEN into round 2. I have about 80 lbs to lose, ideally. I would like to be around 130 - a weight I haven't been since high school! That kinda tells you about where my starting weight was: 130+80...lol GROSS!
So, no eating out for me! No working out for me (until phase 3)! LOTS OF WATER for me!
I WILL do this!!! I've already made it 10 days and am super proud of myself! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment