Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Nerves.

I don't usually get nervous. I'm not a nervous person. I have no reason to be nervous right now...but I am. And I know it will all be over with in no time and no matter the result, I will have done my best. But man, I'm nervous! LOL!

I have given my fair share of interviews - been doing them since I was 18! I've been in my fair share of interviews - been doing them since I was 16! I don't know exactly why this interview has me so tied up in knots.

No, I lied. I DO know why. Because I have never wanted a job more that I want this one. It's not a need. I don't want it because I need it. I want it because I'm PERFECT for it and I KNOW I could do it well. It's like all of my experience and education have all prepared me for this one job. And it's a job that I could see myself staying with for a VERY long time...a career! And it's an important job...a meaningful job...an appreciated job...

But, if I don't get it then someone even more qualified did and I'm sure they will do great.

-----
Ok, fast forward...I didn't get a chance to finish and post before my interview...lol
I was nervous for nothing. I was expecting, for a position as important as that, a more difficult, detailed interview. It was rather generic considering the position and location of the job. Now, instead of nervous that I'm not qualified enough, I think I might be overqualified!!! Aye.

Oh well, I did my best. Now we wait and the job search continues. If no job by the end of next week, then we'll just take Liam out of baby school and it's back to SAHM-land and pouring my heart into Macaroni Kid. No biggie. Nothing gained, nothing lost. So, I'm happy with our backup plan. I'd be happier with this job though...and Liam would LOVE to stay in baby school..and Leila would LOVE to stay in after-school care with all her friends.

I'll keep you all...whoever it is that still reads this thing...posted! :)

No comments: