Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lights will guide you home...

This is such a beautiful song.


COLDPLAY LYRICSSend "Fix You" Ringtone to you
"Fix You"

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you


---------------------------------------


I'm a lover of music, all kinds! I love songs with meaning and not some cryptic meaning either (see previous posts about my lack of imagination and taking things literally! haha). I love songs with beautiful melodies and harmonies. I love songs that involve a full orchestra or have a lot going on. I love songs with a slow heavy beat and whole lot of other, faster stuff going on. I love songs that change tempo or go from soft to heavy to soft (like Coldplay's "Fix You" or Fiona Apple's "Fast as You Can". I like classical, jazz, r&b, rock, soft rock, pop, select country songs (they tell stories but the awful grammar and twang annoy me)...pretty much anything but rap! And sure, rap tells stories but I can't understand half of what they say nor do I care about (or relate to) drugs, pimps, ho's and gangs. I LOVE oldies (40's-60's).

I just love music! :)


And not just listening to it. I rarely JUST listen to a song...I pick it the heck apart! I pull out the different instruments and listen to each of them independently. I hum along to the music, paying no attention to the singing. Instead of just singing along, I (try to) sing a harmony with the singer. Music is FUN to me!


I wish I still played french horn! I wish I had a piano (someday!)! I wish music were a bigger part of my life - like playing it professionally, teaching it...involved in it somehow!

I wish, I wish, I wish...


I need to stop wishing and DO! So much time and energy is wasted just WISHING things. Thinking about and over-analyzing things is definitely the cautious way. But how many things could I have accomplished had I just done and not sat around thinking about doing?


I think about doing lots of things. That's my problem. Think, think, think, wish, wish, wish...very rarely do I DO!


And when I have a thought and act on it, I feel so energized afterward. Even though I complain about being bored out of my mind at home, I dread busy days full of appointments and places to be. But once I'm out and almost done and even after I get home, I feel so great afterward thinking about all that I accomplished and how it wasn't near as bad as I expected! 


And there I go wandering off topic...surprise, surprise! :)


Ok, off to bed with me!
I'll post about Turkey Day in Oklahoma later!
I'm sure you're all (all two of you) just dying to hear about it! :)





 

No comments: